ALLUSION IN A SONG

Allusion is a figure of speech or "form" that is not easy to understand. It takes extensive knowledge for the reader to be able to understand the example of Allusion used by an author in his writing. However, this does not mean that this will be a very difficult and difficult thing to learn, because there are not a few examples of Alusi which still seem to be related to general information from our daily lives, which of course we can understand its meaning easily.
Allusion is a rhetorical tool in the form of references to a place, a person, or a famous event that is considered as general knowledge and understood by many people.

Several example of song that used allusion is :

1. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion


My Heart Will Go On - Wikipedia bahasa Indonesia, ensiklopedia bebas 


...

Near, far, wherever you are

I believe that the heart does go on

Once more you open the door

And you're here in my heart

And my heart will go on and on



...



My Heart Will Go On tells about the overflowing feeling of missing a girl left by someone he loves. This song is one of the defining songs of the 90s and a classic movie song that will go down in history. You have to have seen the movie Titanic to fully understand the allusion she is making here: to 'the door' that Jack and Rose laid on while the boat sank.


2. On My Way - Alan Walker



Pubg Mobile On My Way Song Lyrics - Pubg Mobile Kr Free Uc 


I'm sorry but

Don't wanna talk, I need a moment before I go

It's nothing personal

I draw the blinds

They don't need to see me cry

'Cause even if they understand

They don't understand

...


The blood moon is on the rise

The fire burning in my eyes

No, nobody but me can keep me safe

And I'm on my way

...


This song tells about separation and one's journey through a new phase in his life, where she decides to leave someone she once loved.
The allusion that makes here is that 'the blinds' means covering all of its problems from those around it. because she felt people would never understand.

While 'the blood moon' can mean that there will be a dark or difficult life awaits.

Komentar

Postingan Populer